Home Insurance in Garland, TX
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Home Insurance for Central Texas Residents
Whether you live in the growing northern Firewheel area, on the southern edge near Lakeview Centennial High School in Rose Hill or consider yourself more of a Dallas resident, the place you call home needs solid insurance protection. The experts at VIU by HUB can design a policy that provides you with personalized home insurance in Garland, TX.
Your lender probably requires you to have a homeowners insurance policy if you owe money on your home. While Texas law does not require you to hold a policy for a house that you own, you don't want to be caught unprotected if there's an emergency or disaster.
Protection for Any Event
The climate in Garland often dictates the type of weather-related situations that are probable. Other events, however, can also befall your property. If you're shopping for home insurance in Garland, TX, you should be mindful of the following possibilities:
- Thunderstorms: Storms can brew any time warm and cool air collide, but our area is especially susceptible during the hot, humid months of summer.
- Tornadoes: Garland is in Tornado Alley and has a high vulnerability to them. Tornadoes can spawn during warm and unstable weather patterns, possibly leaving devastation in their wake. Residents with home insurance in Garland, TX, should be aware of possible tornado damage risks.
- Freezing temperatures: Garland has been subject to arctic fronts, ice storms, snow and sleet. Residents can be caught off guard by these weather events that leave homes with frozen pipes and power outages.
- Earthquakes: While not typically severe in the Garland area, they can still cause damage to your home.
- Flooding: Garland is subject to flooding from high amounts of rainfall or bodies of water such as Duck Creek and Rowlett Creek. Consider dedicated flood insurance in addition to home insurance in Garland, TX.
- Theft and vandalism: Burglaries and vandalism can happen to homes in any neighborhood. While they are often frightening, home insurance can help you regain monetary losses.
- Fire: Homes in any area can be affected by a fire. Smoke and water damage are often as devastating as the fire itself.
Make Sure Your Policy Includes the Right Coverage
Many homeowners make the mistake of assuming their insurance policy provides coverage for any event. However, that is not the case. Flood insurance, for example, is a separate type of policy and is not typically part of standard home insurance. Earthquake coverage is traditionally separate as well.
Usually, a homeowners policy pays for damage from theft as well as storms, wind, hail and lightning. Fire and smoke damage are typically covered as well.
Our VIU by HUB brokers can offer you a policy that covers more than other companies usually do. We can design a portfolio for home insurance in Garland, TX, that includes:
- High special limits for jewelry, fine art or other valuables
- Automatic $2,000,000 personal liability coverage
- Coverage for home-based businesses
- Seasonal properties
- Coverage for construction or major remodeling
- Unlimited coverage for a building or outbuildings
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Home insurance in Texas by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact home insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Cedar Park
- College Station
- El Paso
- Flower Mound
- Fort Worth
- Grand Prairie
- New Braunfels
- North Richland Hills
- Round Rock
- San Angelo
- San Antonio
- San Marcos
- Sugar Land
- The Woodlands
- Wichita Falls