Auto Insurance in Allentown, PA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
All Roads Lead to Allentown
Located in Lehigh Valley in the Keystone State, Allentown stands as the third-largest city. It is home to nearly 125,000 residents and stands as the fastest-growing city in Pennsylvania. Allentown is over 250 years old with a proud legacy of historic significance. It was the place that the Liberty Bell was hidden from the British during the American Revolutionary War. Flanked by Interstate Highway 78 and the Lehigh Valley Thruway, Allentown is a place that is at once an origin, a destination and a waypoint for the hundreds of thousands of people who live and work in the Lehigh Valley region.
In 2016, the Urban Land Institute named Allentown as one of six success stories thanks to the downtown redevelopment that has led to over $1 billion of additional development projects. As headquarters of several large corporations such as Air Products & Chemicals and Talen Energy, Allentown continues to draw new residents. A wealth of historical sites, festivals, museums and performance companies bring many visitors to this city by way of the automobile. Having car insurance in Allentown, PA, is a must for Allentonians.
On the Move in Allentown
A car insurance policy offers coverage against damages, losses and bodily injures for vehicle operators. The Keystone State requires motorists to cover a certain level of insurance. Most Allentonians don’t have several hundred thousand dollars on hand to pay for the repair, replacement or injuries associated with a car crash, so having car insurance in Allentown, PA, isn't just the law of the land. It's also good sense. Without insurance, you may be fined up to $300, and facing a three-month suspension of your driver's license, registration, and license plate. Imagine having to live and work in Allentown without a license plate!
Car insurance in Allentown, PA, typically includes the following coverages and minimum limit requirements where applicable:
- Collision: This covers the expenses of repairing or replacing a damaged or totaled auto in a crash.
- Comprehensive: This protects you from theft, vandalism and other vehicular damage not associated with a collision.
- Bodily injury: This coverage pays for any injuries to persons involved in an accident involving the insured. The state of Pennsylvania requires minimum coverage amounts of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident.
- First party benefits: This benefit offers various types of medical bill coverage and Allentonians need to have at least $5,000 in coverage as part of their plan.
- Property damage: This coverage includes protection against damaged property and you must carry at least $5,000 worth in the state.
- Underinsured or uninsured motorist: Navigating major roads and highways in Allentown means the risk of an accident with someone who has too little coverage or none at all. Although you’re required to have $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident in both cases, Pennsylvania allows drivers to decline this coverage.
Some policies for car insurance in Allentown, PA, include benefits for towing and rental car reimbursement. It may be worth you adding these coverages if not already included. Additionally, the Keystone State also allows Allentonians and other residents to carry full tort or limited tort policies. A limited tort policy restricts your ability to sue other motorists for pain and suffering following injuries from an accident. Limited tort policies tend to be less expensive, so this type of policy may be right for you when it comes to saving money on car insurance in Allentown, PA.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Auto insurance in Pennsylvania by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact auto insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Allison Park
- Bethel Park
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Drexel Hill
- Fort Washington
- King Of Prussia
- Mount Lebanon
- Newton Square
- Penn Hills
- State College
- Westwood Heights
- Wilkes Barre