Auto Insurance in Bethlehem, PA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Car Insurance In Lehigh Valley
Drivers in eastern Pennsylvania, (PA) are likely to navigate through the Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton metropolitan area. Whether you drive primarily in Pennsylvania or commute to New Jersey or New York, you need car insurance that meets statewide financial responsibility requirements and provides you with more peace of mind on the road. From policies that have high limits to options for emergency service coverage, a VIU by HUB broker can help you find the best auto insurance in Bethlehem.
Auto Insurance Policy Options
When you drive in Bethlehem, PA or take Interstate 78, the Lehigh Valley Thruway or Pennsylvania routes 412, 378, 512 or 191, you need car insurance with sufficient liability protection for collisions. Many drivers in this area and commuters to Philadelphia and New York prefer policies that provide coverage levels above statewide mandated minimums. The state of Pennsylvania requires that every driver have an auto insurance policy that covers at least the minimum limit in each of the following areas:
- Bodily injury liability: The minimum statewide liability limits for bodily injury are $15,000 to one person and $30,000 for one accident. Additional coverage in this area can be helpful in the event of multi-vehicle collisions.
- Medical benefits: The minimum statewide liability limit for medical benefits is $5,000. Policies with more medical benefits coverage are also available.
- Property damage liability: The minimum statewide liability limit for property damage is also $5,000. Once again, auto insurance in Bethlehem with additional coverage can be helpful in the event of a serious incident.
Comprehensive Driver Coverage
The most comprehensive car insurance for drivers in the Lehigh Valley and beyond may have higher limits in each of the three required areas of coverage. Raising bodily injury, medical and property damage liability limits can be helpful in the event that a multi-car collision or any other type of incident results in damage that exceeds state minimum limits. A VIU by HUB broker can also help you get the following types of coverage for more peace of mind while behind the wheel:
- Agreed value policy: Agreed value policies cover a set value agreed upon by an insurer and policyholder. This option is a good choice for cars with aftermarket upgrades or restored vintage vehicles.
- Replacement value policy: Drivers of late-model vehicles with factory builds can use a replacement cost policy to cover the cost of a totaled vehicle. These policies do not account for the value of upgrades or expensive electronic equipment in a car.
- Electronic equipment coverage: Coverage for electronic equipment in a vehicle such as video displays and audio upgrades are not included in standard car insurance policies. Additional coverage in this area can be helpful in the event that electronics get damaged or stolen.
- Full glass coverage: A policy can include coverage for the replacement of the windshield or other automotive glass. This option may not require a deductible.
- Emergency roadside services: Coverage for the cost of towing and labor such as jumpstarts, tire changes or unlocking can be added to auto insurance in Bethlehem.
A VIU by HUB broker can help you get sufficient liability protection in every area and any other policy benefits. The options you choose may affect deductible and premium costs. Brokers help clients get coverage within their budget that can also reduce the likelihood of unexpected out-of-pocket expenses down the road.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Auto insurance in Pennsylvania by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact auto insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Allison Park
- Bethel Park
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Drexel Hill
- Fort Washington
- King Of Prussia
- Mount Lebanon
- Newton Square
- Penn Hills
- State College
- Westwood Heights
- Wilkes Barre