Auto Insurance in Wilkes Barre, PA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Financial Responsibility In Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, (PA)
The state of Pennsylvania requires that drivers maintain financial responsibility on vehicles. This includes coverage in the areas of bodily injury, medical benefits and property damage liability. VIU by HUB insurance brokers can help drivers in Luzerne County get Wilkes-Barre, PA car insurance policies that provide a sufficient level of coverage to satisfy statewide requirements and any additional protection to offset liability or other risks on the road. Learn more about auto insurance policy types and features.
Car Insurance for Wilkes-Barre Drivers
Drivers in Wilkes-Barre and the Wyoming Valley need auto insurance that meets Pennsylvania financial responsibility requirements. These include at least $5,000 of coverage for medical benefits, $5,000 of coverage for property damage, $15,000 of bodily injury for one person and $30,000 for an accident. VIU by HUB brokers help customers find policies that meet or exceed these limits for liability coverage. The following types of coverage are also available:
- Agreed value: Agreed value coverage involves insuring a vehicle for an amount that is agreed upon by a policyholder and insurer. This type of policy is ideal for restored or upgraded vehicles.
- Replacement value: A replacement value policy covers the cost of replacing a totaled vehicle. The make, model and year of a factory-build determine the limit of this coverage.
- Driver liability: Wilkes-Barre, PA car insurance must meet state requirements for bodily injury, medical benefits and property damage liability limits. Additional liability coverage is available for more peace of mind.
Build a Policy for More Protection
Auto insurance can provide additional protection for policyholders. A VIU by HUB broker can recommend options to customize a policy to cover the cost of repairing or replacing potentially costly components. The options added to a policy may affect deductibles and premiums. Any of the following optional types of coverage can reduce unexpected out-of-pocket expenses:
- Full glass coverage: A broken windshield or other auto glass can be covered by insurance. This additional coverage often does not require a deductible.
- Electronic equipment coverage: Electronic equipment operated in a vehicle is not included under most car insurance policies. Insuring this equipment can help to recoup losses in the event of damage or theft.
- Towing and labor: Coverage for towing, labor and other forms of roadside assistance can be a helpful policy add-on. When you need a jumpstart, tire change or tow, a policy with this option can minimize out-of-pocket costs.
- Additional liability coverage: Higher liability limits in the areas required by the state of Pennsylvania can make a policy more protective, particularly in the event of a multi-car collision. VIU by HUB brokers can also recommend personal umbrella policies.
- Uninsured and underinsured: When a collision involves another driver who does not have sufficient coverage for damage or does not have insurance, liability costs can be hard to recoup. This option ensures that more costs will be covered.
Drivers in this city anticipate traffic on I-81, I-80, the Pennsylvania Turnpike and the North Cross Valley Expressway. A VIU by HUB broker can help you find Wilkes-Barre, PA car insurance that provides all of the types of coverage you need to stay focused on the road ahead. Whether you need a cost-effective policy that meets state requirements or you want a policy that provides the exact type of coverage for the way you drive, you can count on a broker at VIU by HUB to point out the best policies.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Auto insurance in Pennsylvania by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact auto insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Allison Park
- Bethel Park
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Drexel Hill
- Fort Washington
- King Of Prussia
- Mount Lebanon
- Newton Square
- Penn Hills
- State College
- Westwood Heights