Auto Insurance in Williamsport, PA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Coverage On the Road
Drivers in Lycoming County and central Pennsylvania need liability protection. The state of Pennsylvania requires that motorists maintain financial responsibility on vehicles. VIU by HUB insurance brokers can recommend policies that meet or exceed state requirements. Learn more about the choices available for car insurance in Williamsport PA.
Financial Responsibility In Pennsylvania
Financial responsibility increases the percentage of drivers on Pennsylvania roads who have at least a base level of protection from liability for injuries and damage. Policies that meet mandated minimums may be good options for drivers seeking low premiums. Drivers who prefer to have more protection may prefer policies that have higher liability limits or replacement value coverage. There are several elements of financial responsibility involved in legal operation of a motor vehicle in Pennsylvania:
- Bodily injury: A minimum of $15,000 for injuries suffered by one person and $30,000 for one accident are required under state law. This coverage may not be sufficient for multi-car collisions, and a higher limit may be preferable for drivers on Interstate 180, U.S. Route 15 and U.S. Route 220.
- Medical benefits: Car insurance in Williamsport PA should also include at least $5,000 in medical benefits coverage. You can also work with a VIU by HUB broker to select a policy with a higher limit for medical care.
- Property damage: The state of Pennsylvania mandates that every driver carry at least $5,000 in property damage liability coverage. This is also a relatively low limit, and many drivers in Lycoming County and the Philadelphia metro area prefer more coverage for damage caused to property.
Additional Automotive Coverage
Car insurance in Williamsport PA may also provide a variety of other types of benefits. Some components and systems of vehicles are excluded from primary automotive policies. Additional coverage may raise premiums or require deductibles, but insurance benefits can reduce or eliminate unexpected out-of-pocket expenses on the road. Here are some of the most popular benefits for Pennsylvania drivers:
- Emergency roadside assistance: The cost of obtaining roadside services for jump starts, tire changes or towing and labor can add up. Adding these benefits to a car insurance policy can lower or even eliminate unexpected out-of-pocket costs and get you back on the road faster.
- Full glass coverage: Add auto glass coverage to a car insurance policy to replace a damaged windshield or any other car window. Glass coverage often does not require policyholders to meet deductibles.
- Electronic equipment coverage: Standard car insurance in Williamsport PA does not cover upgraded audio or video equipment used in a vehicle. Additional coverage for electronic equipment can be helpful in the event of damage or theft.
- Uninsured and underinsured: Policies that provide additional protection in the event of a collision involving a driver who does not have sufficient insurance coverage can facilitate claim settlement. Ask a VIU by HUB broker about this policy option.
- Personal umbrella policies: Liability coverage through an umbrella policy can provide additional protection on top of other policies such as homeowners insurance and auto insurance. A broker can recommend the best option for comprehensive liability protection.
These are just a few types of coverage that are available for auto policyholders. VIU by HUB insurance brokers help customers in central Pennsylvania obtain personal liability policies and coverage for valuables. Talk with a broker about your insurance needs and determine which types of policies and options will give you greater peace of mind.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Auto insurance in Pennsylvania by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact auto insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Allison Park
- Bethel Park
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Drexel Hill
- Fort Washington
- King Of Prussia
- Mount Lebanon
- Newton Square
- Penn Hills
- State College
- Westwood Heights
- Wilkes Barre