Auto Insurance in Levittown, PA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Living and Driving in Levittown
With a population of 52,000 and growing, Levittown, Pennsylvania is located approximately 26 miles from the nearest major city, Philadelphia. Most households in Levittown own two automobiles, and residents drive themselves approximately 27 minutes to their place of employment. Obviously, driving a personal vehicle is important to people in Levittown for living, working, and playing.
We at VIU by HUB understand that level of reliance on a personal vehicle, and we are happy to offer our professional assistance in protecting that vehicle from accidental damage or destruction.
Types of Auto Insurance in Levittown PA
While there are certain types of insurance you are required to purchase as a resident of Pennsylvania, other policies are not mandated but still useful depending on your individual circumstances. To help you understand your options, here is a list of the basic types of auto insurance in Levittown, Pennsylvania.
- Collision: This type of auto insurance in Levittown PA will cover a car's repairs or replacement in the event of an accident with another vehicle or an object, such as a tree or building.
- Liability: If you cause an accident, this insurance policy will cover the expenses of the other party involved. Pennsylvania state law requires car owners to own a minimum of $15,000 in bodily injury liability insurance and $5,000 in property damage liability insurance per registered vehicle.
- Comprehensive: This coverage takes care of expenses related to non-collision incidents, such as weather damage, theft, or other natural disasters.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: If everyone followed the law and carried sufficient liability insurance, this type of policy would not be needed. However, if you are the victim of an accident caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver, you'll be happy for this policy to take care of your uncovered expenses. While Pennsylvania does not require this insurance, it is highly encouraged.
- Personal Injury Protection: Drivers in the state of Pennsylvania are required to maintain a minimum of $5,000 in PIP coverage to take care of medical expenses for those involved in a car accident.
Interesting Insurance Facts
Insurance costs and coverage are influenced by a number of factors. Some are common sense, and some seem counter-intuitive. Here are some interesting and helpful facts about auto insurance in Levittown PA that you may not be aware of.
- Cost May Not Matter: While it seems logical that an expensive car will cost more to insure, that's not necessarily the case. Some mid-priced vehicles have higher insurance costs than luxury cars because of higher repair costs or loss history.
- Color Does Not Matter: Some people claim that drivers of red cars receive more traffic citations than the drivers of less vibrant vehicles. While this may be statistically true, it does not equate to a higher insurance premium.
- Credit Counts: Insurance companies in Pennsylvania may use your credit score as they analyze your application and set your initial premiums, but they are not allowed to raise your subsequent premiums due to a decrease in your credit rating.
- Friends Get Benefits: There is a lot of confusion regarding the responsible party in the event of an accident when a car is loaned out to a friend. The general rule is that the insurance follows the car rather than the driver. This may not be a good thing for the car owner, though, as a claim filed due to the actions of a friend behind the wheel can result in increased premiums for your auto insurance in Levittown PA.
- Full Coverage Isn't Always Full: A full-coverage policy generally caps at $10,000 in medical expenses and another $10,000 in property damage. Depending on your injury and damage to your vehicle, actual expenses could easily exceed these amounts, leaving you short after receiving your insurance payments.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Auto insurance in Pennsylvania by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact auto insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Allison Park
- Bethel Park
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Drexel Hill
- Fort Washington
- King Of Prussia
- Mount Lebanon
- Newton Square
- Penn Hills
- State College
- Westwood Heights
- Wilkes Barre