Auto Insurance in Emmaus, PA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Auto Insurance In Emmaus, Pennsylvania, (PA)
When driving in Lehigh County, you need car insurance to meet financial responsibility requirements set by the state of Pennsylvania. Here are a few basic pointers about policy options to discuss with VIU by HUB brokers to get complete coverage. Whether you are traveling to Allentown, Philadelphia or any other destination, Emmaus car insurance provides protection from liability and unexpected out-of-pocket expenses.
Policies for Financial Responsibility
Financial responsibility requirements are intended to ensure that every driver in the Lehigh Valley and the rest of the state of Pennsylvania has at least a minimum amount of liability coverage. These requirements establish the lowest limits for Emmaus car insurance. VIU by HUB insurance brokers can recommend policies that have higher liability limits. Drivers in Pennsylvania must maintain liability coverage in each of the following areas:
- Liability for injuries: Injuries caused to other drivers by the driver at fault in an accident is a major form of liability. The state requires that every driver have at least a $15,000 limit for injuries dealt to one other driver and up to $30,000 in personal liability coverage for one accident.
- Medical benefits coverage: Carrying coverage for medical benefits is also required by the state of Pennsylvania. Emmaus car insurance should have a minimum limit of at least $5,000 for medical benefits, and policies can also have higher limits.
- Damage to property: Property damage is the third form of liability against which Pennsylvania drivers must be covered. A limit of $5,000 for property damage liability is required, though this limit can also be raised.
Supplemental Car Coverage Options
The benefits of an auto policy extend beyond liability protection. Policies may cover the actual cost value, agreed value or replacement cost value of vehicles. Emmaus, PA car insurance that only covers ACV factors in depreciation and may not be sufficient to completely cover the cost of replacing a vehicle. For more complete coverage, talk to a broker about agreed or replacement cost policies. Any type of auto insurance policy may be customized with the following options:
- Auto glass coverage: A driver can eliminate the cost of replacing a damaged windshield or other vehicle windows by maintaining full glass coverage. A VIU by HUB broker can recommend auto policy endorsements or riders that apply to auto glass and do not require that policyholders meet deductibles.
- Auto electronics coverage: Coverage for damaged or stolen electronics can also be beneficial to drivers in the Lehigh Valley. Audio and video equipment installed in a vehicle is often excluded from car insurance coverage, and supplemental coverage can reduce replacement costs.
- Towing and labor: The costs associated with an emergency tow or other forms of roadside assistance can add up. You can lower out-of-pocket expenses for towing and labor by adding policy benefits.
- Uninsured and underinsured: Ensure that claims are covered in the event of a collision involving a driver who does not have sufficient policy limits or who lacks insurance. This coverage supplements limited or absent coverage for other drivers who are involved in collisions with insured motorists.
A broker can help policyholders understand all of the terms and limits of car insurance policies. Some policy benefits may require that a deductible be met, while others, such as auto glass replacement, may not have this requirement. In the event of a collision, damage or theft, it will be necessary to document damage and make a claim.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Auto insurance in Pennsylvania by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact auto insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Allison Park
- Bethel Park
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Drexel Hill
- Fort Washington
- King Of Prussia
- Mount Lebanon
- Newton Square
- Penn Hills
- State College
- Westwood Heights
- Wilkes Barre