Auto Insurance in Pittsburgh, PA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Driving in Pittsburgh, PA
Pittsburgh, PA, is a large city with a population over 300,000. The average commute time for Pittsburgh residents is 24 minutes, and the average household owns one car and drives alone to work. Insurance is essential to protect those vehicles and ensure safe and reliable transportation.
At VIU by HUB, we realize that your vehicle is important to your lifestyle in Pittsburgh and its many surrounding areas. To help you maintain your quality of life and protect your investment in your vehicle, we provide affordable options on premium car insurance in Pittsburgh.
Benefits of Car Insurance in Pittsburgh, PA
No one ever thinks they will be in an accident, but sometimes it can't be avoided, even when you drive carefully. When an unthinkable collision occurs, you'll be grateful for the protection of your insurance policy. Here are some important reasons for obtaining car insurance in Pittsburgh, PA:
- Lender requirements: When you acquire a new vehicle, whether through purchase or lease, your financial institution will usually expect you to protect their asset with comprehensive and collision coverage for the full value of the vehicle.
- State mandates: Pennsylvania state law requires drivers to carry insurance to cover bodily injury, property damage, and first party benefits.
- State penalties: Pennsylvania penalizes drivers without adequate insurance with a sanction of up to $300 and suspension of the driver's license, registration, and plates.
- Repair costs: Your vehicle is protected by comprehensive or collision coverage in case of a wreck or other disaster, such as theft or hail damage.
- Financial safeguards: If you are responsible for a crash, you may be sued and held liable for court fees, medical bills, lost wages, and damage to property. Liability insurance protects your financial health by covering these expenses.
- Medical bills: In case you are involved in a wreck with injuries, a comprehensive insurance policy will assist with related medical coverage.
Our Services in Pittsburgh, PA
Finding the right insurance for you is a big decision. You want a comprehensive policy at reasonable rates that will protect your vehicle when the worst happens. At VIU by HUB, we would love to help you in that search by offering the following services:
- Replacement costs: In the event a replacement is needed for your vehicle or classic automobile, we will cooperate with qualified appraisers in Pittsburgh to offer the best rates and options.
- Agreed value coverage: For modified or expensive vehicles, this policy allows pre-determination and guarantee of a specified value to be paid out in the case of loss.
- Worldwide liability coverage: Wander free when you purchase this type of car insurance in Pittsburgh. Your vehicle will be covered no matter where your travels take you.
- Underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage: Pennsylvania does not require drivers to hold uninsured motorist insurance, but it's useful because not everyone obeys the law and carries the required liability insurance. In the event of a collision caused by an uninsured driver, this policy will pay your expenses up to your coverage limits.
- Electronic equipment coverage: If you've installed extra electronic equipment in your vehicle, this additional coverage will protect it.
- Full glass coverage: If glass breaks in your vehicle, this policy is available separately so you won't need to pay a deductible.
- Towing and labor benefits: With this coverage, you won't have to be concerned about towing, tire changes, jump starts, or help with unintentional lockouts.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Auto insurance in Pennsylvania by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact auto insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Allison Park
- Bethel Park
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Drexel Hill
- Fort Washington
- King Of Prussia
- Mount Lebanon
- Newton Square
- Penn Hills
- State College
- Westwood Heights
- Wilkes Barre