Auto Insurance in Mount Lebanon, PA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Driving in Mount Lebanon
Households in Mount Lebanon, Pennsylvania, each own an average of one vehicle, which is used for both work and leisure. The average commute time is 26 minutes, and most people travel alone to their job. Obviously, vehicle ownership is a necessity for residents in this Pittsburth suburb of around 30,000 people, and car insurance in Mount Lebanon is important to protect those vehicles and their owners.
At VIU by HUB, we understand that your vehicle is crucial for you and your life in Mount Lebanon. Allow us to help you protect it with a quality insurance policy at a great price.
Why You Need Car Insurance in Mount Lebanon, Pennsylvania
The Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Financial Responsibility Law requires residents of Pennsylvania to maintain liability coverage on their registered vehicles. Most drivers purchase car insurance for compliance with the law, but there are also many reasons to buy insurance beyond the minimum coverage. Here are a few of those reasons:
- Avoid potentially ruinous expenses: A small investment now can protect you and your family from a huge loss down the road. Coverages like collision and comprehensive insurance, bodily injury liability, and property damage liability can assist you in the event of expensive claims related to a future accident.
- Safeguard yourself and others: The appropriate car insurance in Mount Lebanon, PA can absorb expenses related to property damage and bodily injury, protecting your family members, passengers, other drivers, and yourself in the event of a collision.
- Protect your assets: Some people believe they are financially stable enough to avoid purchasing insurance, but the lawsuits and spiraling expenses that could arise from an accident can quickly drain a savings account, resulting in a loss of hard-earned money.
- Protect your lender: If you own or lease your vehicle, the lender will require you to hold sufficient insurance to protect the value of the car that secures the loan behind it.
- Comply with the law. Pennsylvania requires drivers in the Keystone State to carry a minimum liability policy in the event of an accident. Penalties such as a fine and suspension of license, tags, and registration may be imposed on violators of this law.
How to Keep Your Premiums Down
There are numerous factors that figure into your insurance premiums; some are within your control and others are not, but having an understanding of them will help in your decision-making process. Here are some of the strategies you can employ to lower your costs:
- Multi-car discounts: If you own multiple vehicles, make sure you ask for a quote on all of them when you're talking with an agent. You will generally save money on a multi-car or multi-driver deal rather than insuring a single vehicle with an agency.
- Safe driver discounts: When you maintain a clean driving record, your insurance rates are generally lower than those who rack up points on their license for moving violations or accidents.
- Good student discounts: Teenage drivers are notoriously expensive to insure, but if your teen gets good grades it may equate to a discount on insurance.
- Increased deductibles: The amount you pay on a claim before your car insurance in Mount Lebanon, PA kicks in is your deductible, which may run between $250 and $1,000. Lower deductibles equate to higher premiums, and vice versa. If you are willing to pay out a larger sum in the event of an accident, you can keep your monthly payments significantly lower.
- Safety features: Certain automotive features, such as anti-lock brakes and anti-theft devices, can lower your insurance premiums.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Auto insurance in Pennsylvania by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact auto insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Allison Park
- Bethel Park
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Drexel Hill
- Fort Washington
- King Of Prussia
- Newton Square
- Penn Hills
- State College
- Westwood Heights
- Wilkes Barre