Auto Insurance in Easton, PA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Auto Coverage for Eastern Pennsylvania, (PA) Drivers
The state of Pennsylvania, (PA) requires that every driver maintain financial responsibility. For this reason, every Easton car insurance policy should include at least $15,000 in bodily injury liability coverage for one person up to $30,000 per accident, $5,000 in coverage for medical benefits and a minimum of $5,000 for property damage liability. VIU by HUB insurance brokers can recommend the best auto policies for drivers in the Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton metropolitan area.
Statewide Requirements for Car Insurance
There are three main statewide financial responsibility requirements for car insurance policies. Pennsylvania auto insurance must meet mandated minimums to offset costs that could accrue if one or more people are injured in an accident in which a driver is at fault as well as liability for damage to property. Drivers in Easton, PA should make sure that any policy they consider meets minimums in each of the following areas.
- Bodily injury: Injuries to a driver and other people who are involved in a collision or any other incident involving an automotive fall under bodily injury liability. The state minimum limit for bodily injury coverage is $15,000 for one person or up to $30,000 for an accident.
- Medical benefits: Coverage for medical care is also built into Easton car insurance. A policy must have at least a $5,000 limit for medical benefits. Drivers may prefer to get policies that have a higher limit in this area.
- Property damage: Various types of property may suffer damage in an accident. The property damage liability coverage mandated for Pennsylvania drivers is $5,000 or more. Policies are available with higher limits for more peace of mind, lower out-of-pocket expenses and reduced legal liability.
Comprehensive Policies for Road Risks
Many drivers prefer to get policies that have higher limits and offer more benefits than policies that only satisfy minimum financial responsibility requirements. In addition to higher liability limits, a VIU by HUB insurance broker can help Lehigh Valley residents get Easton, PA car insurance that has one or more of the following driver-friendly features:
- Auto glass coverage: Adding auto glass coverage makes replacing a damaged or broken windshield, rear window and driver’s or passenger’s side windows. With the optimal level of coverage, making a full glass claim often does not require a policyholder to meet a deductible.
- Electronics coverage: The value of electronics that are stored and used in a vehicle are not covered under standard auto insurance. Additional coverage can be helpful should these components suffer damage from covered perils or get stolen.
- Roadside assistance: Towing and labor can be covered with an option for additional coverage on an auto insurance policy. This coverage may also extend to jumpstarts, tire changes or lockouts.
- More liability coverage: There are several options for increased liability coverage beyond the limits of an auto insurance policy. Ask a VIU by HUB broker about personal umbrella policies and worldwide liability coverage.
A car insurance policy can be customized with any of these options. VIU by HUB brokers also specialize in helping customers find the right agreed value or replacement value policies. Drivers of cars with aftermarket upgrades or restored classic vehicles may prefer to insure vehicles for a specified amount through agreed value coverage. The cost of replacing a factory-built or late-model car can be accounted for through replacement cost coverage.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Auto insurance in Pennsylvania by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact auto insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Allison Park
- Bethel Park
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Drexel Hill
- Fort Washington
- King Of Prussia
- Mount Lebanon
- Newton Square
- Penn Hills
- State College
- Westwood Heights
- Wilkes Barre