Auto Insurance in Middletown, PA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Get Auto Insurance In Pennsylvania
Auto insurance is important for drivers who live in the borough of Middletown in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania. The state of Pennsylvania requires that motorists maintain auto insurance policies meet or surpass financial responsibility requirements for bodily injury, medical benefits and property damage. Learn more about these requirements and find out how a VIU by HUB insurance broker can help you find and customize a Middletown, Pennsylvania car insurance policy that meets all of your needs.
Statewide Financial Responsibility Requirements
Pennsylvania motorists are required to maintain financial responsibility on vehicles which includes coverage in several areas of liability up to mandated minimum limits. While it is possible to obtain additional coverage, here are the limits in three areas for car insurance policies in this state:
- Bodily injury: Drivers must have at least $15,000 of coverage for injuries to one person and $30,000 for an accident. It is possible to get a policy with higher limits that provides more protection from liability for injuries caused when at fault in an accident.
- Property damage: Middletown car insurance must include a $5,000 limit for damage to property. A VIU by HUB broker can raise this limit or recommend policies for more complete coverage.
- Medical benefits: At least $5,000 coverage for medical benefits is required by the state of Pennsylvania. This limit can also be raised.
Additional Coverage for Middletown, Pennsylvania Drivers
Dauphin County drivers can get comprehensive auto coverage. A basic familiarity with the types of coverage that may be available for your vehicle and additional policy options can be helpful when shopping for insurance. Here are a few policy, endorsements and rider options to discuss with a VIU by HUB broker when getting a new car insurance policy:
- Agreed value coverage: When a policyholder and insurer agree to insure a vehicle for a set value, this is called agreed value coverage. This type of policy may be the best option to account for the value of restored classic cars or vehicles that have aftermarket upgrades.
- Replacement value coverage: Replacement cost coverage covers the cost of replacing a particular vehicle make and model. An actual cash value policy accounts for depreciation, whereas replacement value provides a higher payout.
- Electronic equipment coverage: Electronics such as audio equipment and displays are not included in most car insurance. Additional coverage for these items through comprehensive Middletown car insurance makes it possible to make a claim in the event that electronic equipment gets damaged or stolen.
- Full glass coverage: Replace a broken windshield or other damaged car windows with this additional coverage. Many auto glass policies do not require policyholders to cover a deductible.
- Towing and labor: Roadside assistance costs can be unexpected and considerable. A policy that covers the costs associated with getting a jump start, tire change or tow is beneficial when disaster strikes.
- Uninsured and underinsured: A comprehensive policy can cover more liability in accidents that involve other drivers who lack sufficient insurance to cover costs or are uninsured. Ask a VIU by HUB broker about this option for Pennsylvania car insurance.
Whether you prefer a basic policy that meets financial responsibility limits or a policy that offers more complete protection on the road, VIU by HUB brokers can recommend the best options for drivers in Middletown and the Harrisburg-Carlisle metropolitan area.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Auto insurance in Pennsylvania by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact auto insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Allison Park
- Bethel Park
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Drexel Hill
- Fort Washington
- King Of Prussia
- Mount Lebanon
- Newton Square
- Penn Hills
- State College
- Westwood Heights
- Wilkes Barre