Auto Insurance in Chester, PA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Liability Protection for Chester Drivers
Drivers in Chester need liability protection while on the road that satisfies Pennsylvania financial responsibility requirements. The state requires that motorists maintain policies that meet or exceed set limits in three areas. Learn more about general requirements for car insurance in Chester PA. VIU by HUB brokers help residents of Chester and Delaware County obtain policies for complete coverage in every mandated area along with any additional benefits drivers need for peace of mind on the road.
Types of Car Insurance Policies
Drivers in the first city to be incorporated in Pennsylvania need car insurance. This historic region is now traversed by high-traffic roads such as Interstate 95, I-476, U.S. Routes 13 and 322 and Pennsylvania Route 320 and 353. Should you be involved in a collision anywhere in Delaware County, the Philadelphia Metro area or further away, it is important to have the right type of car insurance in Chester PA. Here are three policy types to consider:
- Agreed value: Agreed value coverage pays out a specified amount agreed upon by an insurer and policyholder. Consider an agreed value policy for vehicles that have been restored or upgraded.
- Replacement value: Replacement value coverage covers the cost of replacing your vehicle based on the make and model. This coverage does not factor in depreciation, which can allow for a higher payout.
- Actual value coverage: A car insurance policy with actual cash value coverage calculates the value of your vehicle given depreciation. Many automotive policies offer this type of coverage.
Customize a Policy for the Way You Drive
The state of Pennsylvania requires that every driver maintain financial responsibility on vehicles with regard to bodily injury, medical benefits and property damage liability. This includes a minimum of $15,000 for injuries to one person and $30,000 in one accident as well as $5,000 for medical benefits and another $5,000 for property damage. A VIU by HUB broker can recommend policies that meet or surpass these limits and also offer additional coverage in any of the following areas:
- Additional liability: Higher liability limits in any of the required areas can provide more peace of mind on the road. VIU by HUB brokers can also recommend personal umbrella policies that provide individuals with more complete liability protection.
- Electronic equipment: Any electronic equipment that is kept and used in vehicles is excluded from basic car insurance coverage. A more comprehensive policy can account for the value of these components.
- Full glass: Replace damaged auto glass with optional full glass coverage on an auto insurance policy. Many glass benefits for car insurance in Chester PA do not require that policyholders meet a deductible.
- Roadside assistance: The cost of getting a tow, having a car jump started or changing a tire can add up. Comprehensive auto insurance offers options for reducing these unexpected out-of-pocket costs and getting you back on your way.
Talk to a VIU by HUB broker about your insurance needs and preferences. Based on the vehicle you drive and your driving record, you may be eligible for affordable car insurance that meets state financial responsibility requirements and provides other useful benefits while on the road. You can also build a custom policy for a restored classic car or a vehicle that has aftermarket upgrades. VIU by HUB insurance brokers can also recommend other personal policies such as homeowners insurance, coverage for valuable items and personal umbrella liability policies.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Auto insurance in Pennsylvania by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact auto insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Allison Park
- Bethel Park
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Drexel Hill
- Fort Washington
- King Of Prussia
- Mount Lebanon
- Newton Square
- Penn Hills
- State College
- Westwood Heights
- Wilkes Barre