Auto Insurance in Monroeville, PA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Statewide Insurance Requirements
Auto insurance in Monroeville PA provides coverage for collisions in Allegheny County and anywhere you drive. In addition to bodily injury, medical benefits and property damage liability coverage that meets or exceeds financial responsibility requirements set by the state of Pennsylvania, a VIU by HUB insurance broker can make it easy to customize a car insurance policy with endorsements, riders or additional coverage. Learn more about the requirements and options for car insurance policies.
Coverage for Monroeville Motorists
When it comes to getting coverage, liability is a major concern. Drivers need auto insurance in Monroeville PA to cover the cost of injuries and property damage caused by a collision. Other factors are also important, such as whether a car insurance policy covers actual cash value, an agreed value or the replacement value of a vehicle. Here are the three areas of financial responsibility defined by the state and the minimum mandated limits for each part of a policy:
- Liability for bodily injuries: When drivers are at fault for accidents in which one or more parties suffer injuries, auto insurance protects policyholders. Pennsylvania drivers must have at least $15,000 in bodily injury liability coverage for one person and $30,000 for one accident.
- Coverage for medical benefits: Coverage for basic medical care is also built into Pennsylvania car insurance policies. The state minimum for this type of liability coverage is $5,000, though policies can have higher limits.
- Liability for property damage: Drivers are also liable for the cost of repairing property damage they cause. Auto insurance in Monroeville, Pennsylvania should have a limit of at least $5,000 for this form of liability.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Options
An auto insurance policy that meets the financial responsibility requirements of the state of Pennsylvania may also provide many other benefits to policyholders. Motorists in Monroeville can appreciate coverage for emergency roadside assistance, full auto glass, electronics and other components or features that may be excluded from standard policies. A VIU by HUB insurance broker can recommend endorsements, riders or additional policies that provide coverage in any of the following areas:
- Full glass: Auto glass may require replacement more frequently than a vehicle is involved in collisions. This additional coverage may not require that policyholders meet deductibles to replace a broken windshield or other windows.
- Electronic equipment: Aftermarket audio and video equipment used in a vehicle may not be covered under a basic car insurance policy. Additional coverage can offset expenses for replacing damaged or stolen electronics.
- Personal liability: A personal umbrella policy can increase levels of liability coverage across other policies such as auto insurance and homeowners insurance. Discuss options for higher liability limits with a VIU by HUB broker.
- Roadside assistance: Having a tire changed, jump starting an engine or arranging to have a vehicle towed can all be unexpected expenses. An auto policy that covers towing and labor and other quick fixes can be helpful in the event of an emergency.
These options can be added to any type of auto insurance in Monroeville PA. VIU by HUB brokers can also help customers choose between ACV, replacement value or agreed value policies. Building a policy that provides the level of coverage you need to drive in Pennsylvania and elsewhere can provide more peace of mind while on the road. Make sure to factor in liability, the cost of replacing a totaled vehicle and other useful benefits when selecting a policy.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Auto insurance in Pennsylvania by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact auto insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Allison Park
- Bethel Park
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Drexel Hill
- Fort Washington
- King Of Prussia
- Mount Lebanon
- Newton Square
- Penn Hills
- State College
- Westwood Heights
- Wilkes Barre