Auto Insurance in Drexel Hill, PA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Car Ownership in Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania, (PA)
With a population of approximately 28,000, Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania, (PA) is a thriving town just seven miles from Philadelphia. Residents of Drexel Hill own an average of two cars per household and use them to drive alone an average of 33 minutes each way to work.
At VIU by HUB, we realize that your car is important for your livelihood. We want to help you comply with Pennsylvania law and protect your vehicle with quality car insurance in Drexel Hill.
Types of Car Insurance in Drexel Hill
Insurance coverage looks different for everyone. Depending on your lifestyle, your type of car, and your financial situation, the policies that you need will differ from that of your neighbor. Here are the different types of car insurance in Drexel Hill that you should consider for your vehicle:
- Liability coverage: Liability coverage pays for the other driver's damages if you are responsible for an accident. It's mandatory in the state of Pennsylvania, and you can be fined and have your license, registration, and tags suspended if you don't carry the sufficient minimum levels of liability insurance.
- Comprehensive coverage: This type of coverage pays to repair or replace your car due to destruction from a situation other than a collision, including fire, crime-related loss, or weather damage.
- Collision coverage: If your car is damaged in a collision accident, this coverage will assist in paying for repairs or replacement.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist: If another driver causes you to wreck your vehicle, you should expect that insurance company to pick up your expenses. However, if that driver is uninsured or does not have a large enough policy to cover your damages, your uninsured/underinsured motorist policy will kick in and take care of you.
- Personal injury protection (PIP): Pennsylvania state law requires residents to carry first person benefits of $5,000 per accident to cover personal injury.
Tips for Lowering Your Premiums
Car insurance in Drexel Hill, PA may feel like wasted money as you are making payments, but you will fully understand the value when you need it, and you cannot control when that might be. To feel the cost a little less, here are some ways to lower those monthly premiums:
- Own the right policy: This is a difficult decision because you never know what you're going to need until you need it. Consider your personal situation. If your car is very old, you likely don't need collision or comprehensive policies because an accident would probably total the car, and your premiums may cost more than the benefit you would receive.
- Don't speed: Safe driving may earn you a discount on your car insurance when you go claim-free and accident-free for a certain time period. Conversely, when you have an accident, receive citations, or accumulate points on your license, your premiums can increase.
- Find discounts: Depending on your situation, you may qualify for discounts on your car insurance in Drexel Hill, PA. Good student discounts are available for high school and college-aged drivers with good grades. Installing certain anti-theft devices can also qualify you for savings on insurance.
- Maintain a high credit score: Some insurance companies use credit scores as a factor in reviewing applications and setting premiums. In Pennsylvania, your credit score can be used to set your initial premium, but not to raise your subsequent premiums.
- Manipulate your deductible: Higher deductibles equate to lower monthly premiums. This may be a good choice to keep costs down if you are willing to pay a larger sum in the event of an accident.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Auto insurance in Pennsylvania by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact auto insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Allison Park
- Bethel Park
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Fort Washington
- King Of Prussia
- Mount Lebanon
- Newton Square
- Penn Hills
- State College
- Westwood Heights
- Wilkes Barre