Auto Insurance in Penn Hills, PA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Driving in Penn Hills
Living in Penn Hills, Pennsylvania grants access to amenities not only in the town itself, but in nearby Pittsburgh as well. Folks in Penn Hills are smart: they work primarily in the fields of healthcare, education and finance, with an average commute time of 28 minutes. Penn Hills residents rely on their cars not only for work, but also for entertainment and access to cultural activities in nearby cities.
At VIU by HUB, we understand the importance of your car when you live so close to a city like Pittsburgh. We can help you find the best car insurance in Penn Hills.
The Reasons for Car Insurance in Penn Hills
Car insurance is one of those things that you don't fully appreciate until you need it. A good insurance policy is critical, though. Without it, you can get stuck picking up the pieces of an accident, paying out of pocket for expenses that can easily spiral out of control. Here are some of the reasons you need good quality car insurance in Penn Hills:
- The law requires insurace: Pennsylvania will fine you $300 and suspend your license, vehicle registration, and license plates if you are caught lacking in the required third-party insurance policy on each of your registered vehicles.
- Disasters happen: Fire, theft, accidents, and natural disasters occur more often than you think; comprehensive insurance coverage protects you against the costs of damage from these issues.
- Accidents are expensive: A head-on collision can easily cause thousands of dollars of damage, whereas an annual insurance policy typically costs less than $1000. If you happen to cause a moderate to serious accident, the insurance payout will far exceed the premiums that you paid.
- Lawsuits can be ruinous: If you are responsible for an accident that injures another person or damages their property, you could find yourself the defendant in an expensive lawsuit. Car insurance in Penn Hills, PA protects you from claims filed against you for damages involving your vehicle.
Insurance Types to Consider
It's easy to feel overwhelmed when looking into purchasing an auto insurance policy. There are a number of policy types to fit different needs, lifestyles, and scenarios. To simplify your search, here are the common types of car insurance in Penn Hills, Pennsylvania for you to consider.
- Liability coverage: This type of policy covers damaged property and medical bills related to a collision. Pennsylvania requires you to maintain liability insurance with minimum bodily injury coverage of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident. It is advisable to carry more than the minimum so you are sufficiently protected if you're at fault in an accident.
- Collision coverage: Collision policies pay for car repairs in the event of a covered accident. Many people opt out of collision coverage if their car is older because it may not be worth the cost of the premiums, but for newer or more expensive cars this type of car insurance in Penn Hills is worth it.
- Comprehensive coverage: Comprehensive coverage goes a step beyond accidents and pays for damage resulting from theft, weather, and nature-related incidents.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: Some drivers opt to break the law and decline auto insurance, or they only carry the minimum liability amounts mandated by their state. If you are involved in a collision where the driver at fault is uninsured or underinsured, this type of policy will cover your expenses, saving you the time and money associated with a lawsuit.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Auto insurance in Pennsylvania by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact auto insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Allison Park
- Bethel Park
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Drexel Hill
- Fort Washington
- King Of Prussia
- Mount Lebanon
- Newton Square
- State College
- Westwood Heights
- Wilkes Barre